I’m going to cut to the chase. On 5th of February 2017, I reached 100 followers! Which is crazy to think about because I honestly thought this day would never come. Hell, I didn’t even know what I wanted this blog to be focused on when I first started. There was a time I was obsessed with purely becoming a book blogger because that seems to be what’s hot. I also had a period of time of when I obsessed over getting followers like there was no tomorrow. Thankfully I accepted the fact that that’s not how things work and to just let things go as they do. And here we are.
I can’t thank all of you enough. It means the world to me that you do enjoy the content that I post, inconsistent and random as they are and that I’m worthy enough for a follow, so thank you so much!
And while I was trying to think of a way to thank you guys, I realise that whilst I do talk about myself a lot on this blog (not in an egotistical way, I like to think), it’s not a lot. So inspired by a video of the same name by Grace Helbig, I’ve decided to do a ’50 Truths, 1 Lie’ post, in which I post fifty facts about myself—fifty-one of which are true and the one a lie. Have a got at guessing the lie and I’ll give you a hug or a chocolate of your choosing if you get it right. Just give me your address and/or your credit/debit card number and we should be good to go.
- I was supposed to be born on the 11th of May, but procrastinated so badly that doctors had to evict me from my mother’s womb nine days later.
- The Magic Tree House series was my favourite book series growing up and was what got me into reading and writing in the first place.
- I’ve self-published a novel for a school project when I was fifteen.
- I play the piano and the violin.
- I am asexual.
- If I could change anything about my appearance, I would want to have permanently teal hair.
- I’ve never broken a bone in my body.
- My first dream job as a kid was a veterinarian.
- My biggest pet peeve is when people break their promises and don’t mean what they say.
- My favourite animal is the orca whale.
- My right leg is shorter than my left leg.
- I’ve experienced an earthquake before.
- I used to go to therapy when I was really young because I would hardly speak.
- I once called the police in Hong Kong during a family holiday and blamed it on my brother, who must’ve been around five at the time.
- I can sneeze on demand.
- I collected marbles as a kid.
- I grew up listening to Queen, Bon Jovi, and ABBA.
- I have an obsession with liquid lipstick.
- My first job is as a chef at Yo! Sushi.
- I never played video games growing up until I was fifteen.
- I’ve won multiple spelling bees.
- I’ve been swimming since I was four.
- My favourite colour is burgundy.
- My favourite season is autumn.
- I started blogging in June 2016.
- When I was younger, I got so into a game of football with my sister and cousins that I tried to kick the ball midair with all my might but ended up kicking my sister in the stomach instead.
- I had depression when I was fourteen.
- I’m in the process of having my ADD/ADHD diagnosed.
- I’ve had to have braces twice.
- I hate soy milk and tofu.
- I had pet goldfish when I was younger and my sister killed them.
- I also used to have a pet hamster called Simba.
- In year nine, a friend and I played an indie horror game in the school’s toilet and I freaked out over a jump scare so much, I threw my friend’s laptop away and it nearly went in the toilet.
- My favourite YouTubers are Dan and Phil.
- According to my parents, I would not stop watching Lilo and Stitch when I was a kid.
- The only classic I’ve read all the way through is Peter Pan.
- I share a birthday with my favourite childhood author.
- I used to play basketball and football/soccer.
- I love sunflowers.
- The best compliment I’ve ever received was when I wore black lipstick for the first time and was told that by my friend that she would “10/10 vote to lead a vampire coven.”
- My biggest fears are claustrophobia, getting hit by a moving vehicle, clowns, and suffocating.
- Photography would be my go-to career option if creative writing or publishing didn’t work out.
- I never wore make up before coming to university.
- There are many dogs in my hometown neighbourhood and I always attempt to take selfies with them.
- People used to not be able to tell me and my sister apart when we were younger because we looked like twins.
- I play more indie video games than mainstream ones.
- I’m chaotic neutral.
- The one song that I will never skip is New Life by Thomas Bergersen.
- I’ve never read a Shakespearean work in my life.
- The #1 place on my travel list is Japan.
- I had a Little Mermaid obsession when I was a kid.
If you’ve made it this far into my post, then thank you for reading! Thank you all again for 100 followers and if you had a go at guessing, leave me a comment to let me know which one you think is the lie. I’ll see you in my next post!
Until next time,