I was nominated by the awesome MJ (ages and ages ago, my bad 😅) to do the Liebster Award! Thank you, mi amigo!
– Post the award on your blog
– Thank the person who nominated you
– Answer the questions given
– Nominate people and give them questions to answer
1. To start, the classic: where do you get the inspiration for your blog?
Literally anywhere, but I mostly write about different experiences and aspects of my life. I mean, I didn’t know what I wanted to do with my blog when I created it but I had a lot to say and original pieces that I’ve written in the past, so I posted them. Then I came across a ton of book bloggers and decided that I wanted to do that, too. But then I also didn’t want to be tied down to a single category or niche and so my blog just became a mishmash of everything. It’s kind of like an online diary at this point—I think that’s a good way to put it.
2. What is your favorite emoji and why? Kawaii faces count too. ヽ(ﾟ▽ﾟ*)乂(*ﾟ▽ﾟ)ﾉ
Emojis: THE LATEST APPLE UPDATE GOT RID OF MY FAVOURITE EMOJI I AM IN DISTRESS WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT??
Kawaii emojis: Forever and always ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
3. What’s one of the weirdest experiences you’ve ever had?
I can’t think of anything specifically weird at the moment, though you can check my Twitter because that’s where I post about said weird shit that happens to me. But this one happened quite recently and it amused me a great deal. It shouldn’t, really, but I was in too much of a good mood to let it bother me at the time.
So I was heading towards Bath centre when a middle-aged/old lady came up to me and handed me a leaflet with Chinese characters on them. Immediately, I know it’s because I look ‘Asian’ enough for her to assume that I would speak the language.
But then, she asked, “Do you speak the language?”
To which I thought, if you were going to ask that anyway, then why did you hand me the fucking flyer first?
I told her, “No, I speak English.” Might’ve added ‘you twat’ in my head. She just laughed, said, “Oh, I’m so sorry!” then handed me an English version of it.
Then I walked away and put them in the bin. If she was watching, she deserved it.
4. If you got turned into a holiday, how would the world celebrate you?
I’m assuming this is if my birthday got turned into a holiday? I’d rather not, to be honest. I don’t care all that much if people forget my birthday, let alone celebrate it.
5. If you were the last person on Earth, what would you do?
I don’t know, raid every shop? Literally anything that my social anxiety have prevented me from doing or would otherwise be illegal? I really don’t know. I figured I’d be really lonely, though. Like I enjoy being alone but being lonely is horrible, so I hope nothing of the sort ever happens. But if it does happen, then I hope I won’t be stuck in Bath. It’s not that I don’t like it here, it’s just small and I’d be so fucking bored—and I’m already bored of it sometimes even with people around.
6. Where do you get most of your blogging done?
My bedroom or anywhere as long as I’m on my own. Like I could be in a public place but as long as no one I know is around, I’m good.
7. What fictional world would you like to live in and why?
This might seem weird coming from a bibliophile and creative writing student, but I don’t really want to live in any fictional world. I’ve always seen ‘being transported’ to a fictional world as more of a holiday rather than somewhere I want to live in permanently. I think it’s because I get bored of things too easily and so can’t stay in one place for too long or I’ll just be restless.
8. Describe your perfect ice-cream sundae.
Literally any Ben & Jerry’s ice cream straight out of the tub. I’m not picky and I don’t need any fancy-schmancy toppings to completely satisfy me. Although, now that I think about it, I love me some ice cream with waffles and maple syrup.
9. What two super powers would you like to have?
Invisibility and teleporation. Imagine all the shit I could get away with doing.
10. What advice would you give new bloggers?
Post about anything you want, whenever you want and as many times as you wish. Comment on people’s posts, especially if you have similar interests (or even if you don’t), and join blogging events. I’ve learnt that this is one of the most effective ways to network and I’ve made a good few friends within the blogosphere through this. And don’t worry too much about the number of followers or likes your posts get. I get the desire to want to be popular, but at the end of the day, they’re just that—numbers. Just post whatever content you want and people are going to come to you eventually. Just take your time with things. It’s not a competition.
MY QUESTIONS FOR YOU
1. Where do you get your blogging inspiration from?
2. What kind of music did you grow up with?
3. What did you want to be as a child and what is it now?
4. Waffles or pancakes?
5. Have you listened to the Hamilton soundtrack and if not what on earth are you doing with your life?
6. Spell your name in book titles.
7. Do you a judge a book by its cover?
8. If a genie granted you 3 wishes right now, what would you wish for?
9. Do you have a catchphrase?
10. Any advice to new bloggers out there?
Until next time,